grandmas

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Missing a step...



Before we left for our visit to England and Spain, my doctor sent me in for an MRI to determine where the discs in my back were and what they were doing. Had they collapsed or shifted? Were they causing the pain in  my upper arms and hands?
The tile work in the alcazar is legendary
He also prescribed some pain pills I should take every four hours.
I didn't want to be drugged for the trip and the sightseeing.
I already had insulin pens I was hauling with me which required I find a refrigerator in a couple of the small hotels that didn't provide a mini-bar in the room.
So I thought I could just tough it out although it made hanging onto the Metro straps a little hard and raising my arms to put a carry-on up in the overhead bin on the airpline.
The alcazar gardens are works of art
I winced a bit as the days wore on but I was dealing.
After all, what could I do several thousand miles from my home and bed?
We had plans, things to do.
We were doing one of those things in Seville.
We were checking out the Alcazar with its fountains and mosaic tiles when I missed a step.
The jolt was painful.
I felt it all up and down my spine.
Marc said my face reflected the moment.
However, once the pain stopped, I was amazed at what I felt.
Nothing.
Nada.
I could lift my arms to the sky, twist and twirl.
I understand that this may not last and I recognize that it's an unconventional way to fix a painful problem.
And I in no way recommend it.
But in the meantime, I'm celebrating the respite..
And hoping no one sends me a bill for chiropractic therapy.

1 comment:

  1. Way better and cheaper than a cortizone shot! What a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete