grandmas

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A roller coaster ride...

As a rule, I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to roller coasters.
I like mine to be sort of leisurely with limited surprises.
So when we went to Orlando this past month I had to buck up a little.
I only agreed to ride the Rip Ride Rocket because my grandson really wanted me to. "You'll like it, gramma!" Jack promised. (He'd never been on it but he was sure about how much I'd like it.)
Not your grandma's ride
I went on the Dragon Challenge at Diagon Alley because I thought it was the benign Hippogryff ride I've been on several years earlier.
Wrong!
Watch out, the monster's torn out the track!
I rode backwards in the dark at high speed on the Everest Expedition because no one told me I'd be doing that after the Abominable Snowman wrecked the track.
Stomach dropper!
This is grandma's ride!
In all I figure we went on more than a dozen roller coasters — mostly back to back and several involving getting soaked — during the week I was in Univeral Studios and Disney World.
I'm pretty sure my doctor would not have approved. He's been concerned about my spinal cord for a while now.
But "Big Thunder Railroad" is a keeper. So is Space Mountain.
I love "The Hulk" because it shoots me out fast and I don't have time to panic. (The California Screamer is similar.)
The Gringotts bank ride is quick.
As we journeyed from line to line and thrill to thrill I tried to be a sport but I drew the line at Transformers and again at The Mummy ride. The Tonight Show ride through New York was sold out until 8 p.m. so I didn't get to form an opinion on it.
I thought for a senior citizen I gave it all a fair shot.
After all, I won't ride Wicked at Lagoon or the new Cannibal ride because I have a lot of time to reconsider my choices as the cars are pulled up the hill.
I prefer the Bat where you just sort of drift around in the sky.
In Florida, I liked the Hogwarts Express because you stay on the ground and the African Safari because the bouncy jeep we rode it was rugged and dependable.
I found I could mostly work with a scary coaster by closing my eyes all the way through or pushing up against the back rest really hard.
Or I could ride the bench and watch the others get knocked around and drop-kicked.
That's my kind of fun.
Right off the edge!
Holy smoke!
It looks scary and it is.
Rocking and rolling...
The Hulk is a keeper!








No comments:

Post a Comment