grandmas

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Upping my game


I've had to improve my smashing and bashing skills since Cael discovered Rampage! in our ancient video game collection.
He's 3 and doesn't like it when I die and ruin the game.
So I've had to learn to kick, grab and jump up and down on the buildings in Salt Lake City, Denver, Madrid, Los Angeles and Barcelona.
I have to pay attention to where the food is and make sure I don't run out of energy as we go along.
Cael also has a problem with my character punching his or getting tangled up with him as he tries to climb a skyscraper.
The problem is I didn't pay enough attention when my sons were playing this game years ago.
Usually I just wanted them to turn it off because the monsters make all kinds of noise as they destroy virtual communities.
(This is for a game we've had for 30 years!)
Cael and I are usually here alone when he comes to visit so I can't just rely on his older sister to help me.
She has shown me the codes to enter so I can get a stronger guy to do my destroying and Cael waits patiently while I input the letters and numbers.
But despite my best efforts, I still die too soon.
I'll be playing along trying not to get shot down or injured by fire and flying bullets when Cael will suddenly wilt in his banana chair.
"Died!" he'll cry. "Died!"
He means I died and it kind of puts a damper on our game as one player is left to finish knocking down buildings.
I've decided I will add in some practice time when he's not here and upgrade my game.
Instead of cleaning and cooking and writing stories, I will work on my kicking holes in the walls and plucking hapless people out of windows.
After all, that's the least a good grandma can do, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment