grandmas

Sunday, April 29, 2018

On and on we go...

The movie with everybody in it

I can't say I wasn't warned about the new Avengers movie: Infinity War.
I had been told that somebody dies and I hoped it wasn't the one guy I care about.
What I hadn't been told is that the dying is a constant.
People get stabbed (through and through), people get scrunched, people get smashed and people die, again and again.
It's really a horrible movie, one that I regret seeing.
Right off the bat, I was bored with the noise, the brutality, the agony and the dying.
On the way in to the theater, I overheard a lady saying, "I'm never seeing one of those again!"
Call me cranky 
Did she mean our movie? Surely not.
I'd heard nothing but rave reviews on this show, even from my eldest son who saw it twice in a row.
I'd been told that no one could talk about it much because it would give too much away.
I'm beginning to suspect no one wants to admit the truth.
It's awful...and lots of characters die, usually in a painful, twisted way.
I muddled through the chaos and the death and the mayhem by making grocery lists in my head.
Then I made shopping lists and packing lists.
And I checked my watch.
People were dying and the time was only slowly marching by.
At the end, we all waited to see if there was an Easter egg that would shed some light on the senselessness.
That too was an endless wait.
I've never seen a longer crawl.
And when  it finally gave way to a meaningless crash and phone call, I didn't find any satisfaction.
It was still a stupid, pointless, depressing film.
Anyone good for a march to the theater to get our money back?

No comments:

Post a Comment