grandmas

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Stripperbowl2020


It seemed to me that the Superbowl halftime antics were a bit over the top...and up the sides and way too close to the middle.
I thought maybe it was just the grandma in me that found the moves more risque than usual but I'm reading and discovering that I wasn't the only old lady offended by them.
Lots of Superbowl fans are complaining, a lot of them parents with young children.
It seems Jennifer Lopez and Shakira pushed the envelope for plenty of families who just wanted to tune in and see a football game and an entertaining halftime show.
It was more of a shocking show, can you say titilating?
Just when you think the ladies dancing can't be any more bold, they trim off some more costume. And shake their...uh...booty.
I think we are at the line here.
Why are we as an audience supposed to be okay with so much skin and so little modesty?
The "wardrobe malfunction" a while ago could possibly be passed off as an accident or an unintentional moment of bare skin.
But the show on Sunday was deliberately designed to be extra sexy.
I don't think I'm out of line to complain.
I didn't like watching the show with my husband.
I can't imagine explaining it to youngsters.
Please. Bring back decency.
That would be super.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't watch it, but from what I have read and heard, you are on target.

    ReplyDelete