grandmas

Monday, April 6, 2020

God Save the Queen...


With a son, daughter-in-law and grandson living in Britain and having watched "The Crown" all the way through, I feel like part of me is literally English.
I still have pounds in my luggage and several British games in my game stash.
So when Queen Elizabeth came out to speak to her subjects about the current virus crisis, I sat right down to listen.
I found her compassionate and full of grace.
Her words were carefully said, logical and well chosen. 
She is so elegant.
She made me feel a little safer and I was glad that I "know" her.
As she talked about getting through this trying time and anticipating brighter days to come, I felt my heart open.
I found some peace.
I felt the same when President Russell M. Nelson talked at the end of conference. He acknowledged the situation and offered hope without pretending any of this is easy.
Being understood is huge.
Then my granddaughter, who is on a mission in Arizona, sent her weekly message.
She was so bright and happy and full of hope for the future that I felt better just having read it.
I think our future might be good hands.
It helps to know someone you love and respect is aware of your worries.


No comments:

Post a Comment