grandmas

Thursday, May 7, 2020

I want a patio...



We were outside sitting and swinging in our backyard when I decided to complain about my feet brushing the dirt.
Where the lawn used to be, there were now bare patches and I didn't like the feeling.
I told Marc I would like some stones or something to protect the lawn and feel better on my socks.
He sort of sighed and said he would look into it.
Ummm, 2700 lbs. and $300 later, we have a small patio where the dirt used to be.
I like it.
It feels nice and will stand up through the seasons but I had no idea that's what I was asking of him at the time.
I had envisioned maybe four or five flat rocks laid into the lawn.
He saw himself digging and dragging in bags of gravel and sand and 30 pavers.
He did a good job.
Before
He watched some YouTube videos and put on his mask to ward off Corona Virus and went to Lowe's where he bought heavy paving stones and equally heavy bags of material.
He had to move everything by hand several times, from the display to the cart, from the cart to the car, from the car to the backyard, from the backyard to the lawn (after he dug out the sod and piled it further back).
We guessed he move about 3,000 lbs. of yard goods before he finished.
He also had to measure and think things through several times, time he'd rather be spending on his bike.
I was impressed and still am.
It looks nice and makes a serious place for the swing that's been sort of hanging around without a real home for more than a year.
The grandkids like it.
Marc likes it.
And more importantly, I like it.
And I didn't even realize that is precisely what I wanted.
Thank you, dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment