grandmas

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Posting for pennies

I'm not sure if I've done the right thing but something kept me from accepting the latest, high-paying job offer to come my way.
I responded to a friend's Facebook plea for freelance writers and shortly thereafter, this guy called me up and offered me $100 a month if I'd post a bunch of Facebook entries and a couple of blog pieces each month on a couple of different subjects.
I could have my choice of several businesses who want their products talked about.
He said 16 Facebook posts and 2 blogs a month per product area would do it.
He reasoned that it would take me about six hours per subject, simply do a little research and then a little writing and link to a story or two about the particular interest.
No sweat, he said.
I started to sweat.
I already have a fairly hefty workload with what I'm doing for much better pay.
I didn't know if I wanted to spend more of my time gazing into cyberspace. (I have my grandkids to think about here! I have to have time to play Barbies and do princess puzzles.)
And what about my integrity?
Did I want to become a hawker for products I don't necessarily believe in?
I'm already fairly annoyed with all the advertising creeping into Facebook. I don't want to play games or find little treasures. I just want to see what my friends and family members are doing.
So if I were to add to the material overload, wouldn't that be wrong?
I shared my concerns with Marc who started to shake his head.
That made me mad right away because I knew he was right.
I couldn't do this and feel good about it.
I'd have to pass but it was pin money in my pocket.
Oh well, easy come, easy go.

No comments:

Post a Comment