grandmas

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blind on the email side

Presently, I can't get my emails from the system I count on.
It's very frustrating.
It's more so because I'm pretty sure whatever is wrong can be simply fixed when my husband gets home.
In the meantime, I'm limping along with another email provider that I usually only employ for family and non-business-related messages.
The one I use for all of my work email is kaput.
It won't cough up the emails sent after yesterday afternoon at 4:31 when somehow I turned off the receiver.
I called the systems guy and he said I hadn't emptied my trash so I dutifully went through all of my files and dumped stuff, probably some stuff I'm going to need again someday.
I only had about 1500 emails in my In box, my Deleteds and my Sent Items.
What could be wrong with that?
And I've apologized profusely to my computer for not being more tidy along the way.
I shut it down and restarted.
I even promised never to hoard emails again.
But still nothing.
So if you've sent me anything important in the last 24 hours, I haven't got it and won't until Marc can sort it out.
In the meantime, if it's serious, I guess you could call me.
How archaic is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment